Friday, February 9, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #197

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I've read Peter Swanson's previous books and really enjoyed them. His newest suspense novel is All the Beautiful Lies. It releases in April and is most definitely on my TBR list. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. So, right off the bat, both covers employ a red and black colour scheme. Both titles use the same font and colour. I do prefer the black author's name on the US cover. But what decides it for me this week is the image used. I prefer the rusty lock image on the US cover. It promises an ominous read. The 'figure on a cliff' image on the UK cover reminds me of another cover I've seen lately but can't remember. So, US cover for me this week. Any plans to read The Beautiful Lies? Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I find the US cover more appealing as well.

Kay said...

I like the US cover this week and I'm absolutely going to be reading this one. I've loved Peter Swanson's earlier books that I've read. Wonder if this one is similar to a Hitchcock film like a couple of the others were?

Luanne said...

Looks like US is the favourite this week. Hmm, that's a thought Kay. We shall see - I am sure it is going to be another great read!

Dianna said...

I like the US cover! Definitely planning to read it.

Luanne said...

I can't wait Dianna - more thrillers please!