Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Over the Counter # 345

What book caught my eye this week as it passed over the library counter and under my scanner. Well, being so close to Christmas.....

....Scrooge #worstgiftever by Charles Dickens and Brett Wright did.

From the publisher, Random House Books for Young Readers:

"A Christmas Carol, one of the holiday’s greatest traditions told . . . in texts?!

Imagine: What if Scrooge, Marley, the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future, and the whole Cratchit family had smartphones? A classic is reborn in this clever adaptation of Charles Dickens’s A Christmas Carol!

One grouchy old man who can’t stop asking “How did you get this number?!”
Three ghosts who communicate in the most modern ways, including one who ONLY uses emojis!
And a status update with the most “likes” ever: God bless us, everyone!

This retelling will cure even the worst bout of Bah hummingbird! #darnyouautocorrect

A glossary and cast of characters are included for those who need it."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

No comments: