Friday, October 7, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #126

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I'm a sucker for those words....psychological thriller....My Husband's Wife by Jane Corry was a bestseller in the UK earlier this year. It releases in North America in Jan 2017. So....the  US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Well, an easy choice for me this week. I am truly tired of backwards girl pictures. (Even worse is when they're looking over their shoulders) I think the colours are too dark and I just don't find it overly appealing. The title is probably the only thing that would make me pick up this version. I'm going with the UK version this week. It's a bolder look, the colours catch my eye, as does the tagline. I'm a big fan of Elizabeth Haynes, so her blurb would entice me to pick it up. The photo matches the title.  So...which cover do you prefer. Any plans to read My Husband's Wife?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I totally agree - those photos of the back of a woman have gotten old.

Icewineanne said...

I've got a hold on this at the library. They've only ordered 4 copies, I think they might have to order a few more copies- heh heh
I also prefer the UK cover, although that girl on the US cover has great hair!!