Saturday, March 14, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #47

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another...

US cover
UK cover
Joakim Zander's debut novel The Swimmer is newly released and is on  my ever teetering TBR pile. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. The red US cover definitely catches my eye. But, I think I'm going with the UK cover this week. The tagline gives you an idea about the plot. And I like the slight head tilt of the figure on the cover - it made me curious... Is The Swimmer  a book you plan to read? Which cover do you prefer? 
 You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature
 on A Bookworm's World

2 comments:

Kay said...

I like the UK cover better as well. Much more atmospheric. I've seen the US cover and now I see that it is actually a swimmer on the cover. When I saw it first, it just looked like a design of some kind. Not sure about reading it. Guess I'll have to wait for your review. ;-)

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

same here... wait for your review. :-)

but oh how wonderful is cover art, yes? the cover of books, has drawn me in, so many times.

I know, it should not be the only reason to want to pick up a book, but it certainly is compelling.

hope they get good pay, for designing them!!!!

Tessa