Thursday, November 3, 2011

Over the Counter #82

Well, Monday's review was about knitting, so it was no wonder that Susie John's books caught my eye this week as they passed over my library counter and under my scanner. First up was Knitted Vegetables and not far behind was Knitted Fruit. (Others in the series include Knitted Fast Food, Tasty Knits - desserts -  a veritable smorgasbord)

From the publisher Search Press:

"You do not need an allotment to produce this abundant crop of vegetables – just needles, yarn and a little knitting know-how. Ranging from everyday carrots and peas to more exotic chili peppers and artichokes, you can whip up a whole basketful of fun novelty knits in the time it takes to do your shopping! This book, in the popular Twenty to Make series, provides twenty handy 'recipes' for knitting vegetables, and numerous variations and alternative ideas. The projects are small, self-contained and relatively quick to complete. These knitted vegetables would make good novelty gifts: make one or two for friends, or a whole basketful to sell at a fete or bazaar. They would also make ideal ‘play food’ for children. Best of all, they are fun to make.

"Create a fruit basket your friends will never forget! These novelty knitting projects range from quick and easy to more challenging, and cover apples, pears, mangoes, grapes, cherries and more – there's even a banana to unzip. This fun and inventive book provides knitting patterns and instructions to make twenty knitted pieces of fruit. Why not have a go at making yourself a fruit display that'll remain fresh forever? These novelty knitting projects range from quick and easy to more challenging, and cover apples, pears, mangoes, grapes, cherries and more – there's even a banana to unzip."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your Over the Counter posts! They always look like such fun books and they would catch my eye as well! Great job!

Luanne said...

Yay - I'm so glad to hear that - I have a lot of fun finding books that I think might interest readers!