Friday, March 3, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #148

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I haven't read Brad Parks yet, but his forthcoming book looks pretty good - so it's been added to that teetering TBR pile. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Both versions have nabbed some high profile authors for cover blurbs. Both have 'in your face' white title lettering that's a bold font. I do find the UK cover a bit lurid, but it leaves no doubt that a child in danger is part of the plot. I think I am more drawn to the US cover this week. The red is eye catching, I like the shadows on the title and I am wondering about that house at the end of the road. What about you? Any plans to read Say Nothing? Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

Kay said...

I'm not a big fan of either of them. The US cover looks like it's set on Mars or something with all the red. And I agree that the UK cover is a bit over the top. All this being said, I am definitely planning on reading the book. It sounds very suspenseful.

bermudaonion said...

I'm not in love with either cover but the UK cover draws me in more.

Icewineanne said...

I prefer the green colour & the type on the UK cover. The child's hand & author endorsements also draw me in. This looks like an interesting book.