Friday, December 16, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #136

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Jonathan Moore writes dark thrillers. His forthcoming book is The Dark Room. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Both covers are suitably dark, given the title and the premise of the book. I think the font on the US covers makes more of an impact. The lock on the UK cover definitely hints at something dark that should be locked away. It has a worn, kind of cobwebby look to it. I think I'm going to go with the US cover this week. That light peeking out from the door jamb has me wondering what's inside the room - and the book. One negative for me on both covers - a James Patterson blurb. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read The Dark Room? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I think I like the US cover more too.

Icewineanne said...

UK cover is traditional, US very modern. Like the door on US cover but really dislike the print, so my choice is the UK cover. Reminds me of scary books i read as a child. :D