Friday, December 9, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #135

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
My Not So Perfect Life is a stand alone novel forthcoming from Sophie Kinsella. It sounds like a fun read, so I've added it to my TBR list. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. So, let's take a peek - two very different backgrounds - green vs. white and two very different looks. I have to admit - I just don't like the overall look or feel of the US cover. The image seems very dated and old to me and the premise of the novel is quite modern. I find the UK cover bright and enticing and it seems to promise a fun, light read much more than the US cover. Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read My Not So Perfect Life? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm not crazy about either but would pick up the US cover before I would the UK cover.

Icewineanne said...

I like the dated look of the drawing on the US cover......what I don't like is that she appears to be holding an iPhone. On the UK cover, I prefer the lettering, but the girl reminds me too much of a 'barbie' character. I've never read a Kinsella book but given the covers, this is a book i would pass on.