Friday, October 28, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #129

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Lisa Jewell's novel, I Found You is already a bestseller in the UK. It releases in North America in the Spring of '17. It sounds like a great read and is on my TBR list. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. The seaside is the setting for the book - featured on both covers. The tag line on the UK cover is intriguing. But I don't like the fonts or colours used on the UK cover. I like the US picture, especially the ominous sky. The font seems to match the tone of the dark sky as well. So, I'm going with the US cover this week. Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read I Found You? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like them both but they do give a totally different feeling. The UK cover looks sweet to me and the US cover looks ominous to me.

Icewineanne said...

I agree with bermudaonion, the UK cover reminds me of a romance novel. The print on the US cover is much better. Like the dark clouds floating behind the title and the boardwalk path to the beach gives an ominous feeling of isolation and potential danger.
This looks like a goodie :)