Friday, March 25, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #98

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I'm looking forward to Eve Chase's forthcoming debut novel, Black Rabbit Hall. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Although children and time figure into the story, I'm not keen on the UK cover. It looks too juvenile to me and I probably wouldn't pick it up if I was browsing. The US cover I would - I find the dark ominous sky, the wrought iron gate and the in your face title appealing. So, US is my choice this week. What cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Black Rabbit Hall? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I like the US cover, definitely. This is a book with Gothic overtones and even though I have a UK copy, I think the US cover sets the expectations better. And I need to get to this book soon. LOL