Saturday, June 6, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #56

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another...

US cover
UK cover
Well, doesn't this author's name conjure up memories? Judy Blume's newest book (for adults) - In The Unlikely Event releases next week. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Obviously plane travel is part of the story. This week I'm going with the UK cover - it's brighter and bolder. The US cover just seems washed out and I don't like the font. Do you have plans to read In the Unlikely Event? Which cover do you prefer? 
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature
 at A Bookworm's World.

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm not crazy about either cover - they both have a kind of retro feel to me.

Vee said...

I like neither cover, but like the UK cover least. That contrail barely shows. Just saw the author interviewed this morning. Have never been a fan, the interview did not change that. So, no, I will not be reading this book, no matter the cover. Will you be reviewing it? That I would definitely read!

Kay said...

I do plan to try this book. And, I agree with Kathy, both have a retro feel. But I also know that the book is set in the '50's and the '80's, so that might be appropriate. I'm just not getting the good vibe from either. Am hearing some mixed signals about the book, but sometimes I wonder whether a beloved author such as Judy Blume is held to a higher standard somehow. What do you think?

Luanne said...

Kathy see Kay's comment - the story has a foot in the fifties - so the retro looks makes sense.

Vee, I probably will read it at some point - and if I read I usually review. Thanks!!

Kay, I agree, plus being a children's and adult author doubles it. I liked Summer Sisters, I find the premise of this one intriguing, so I will go in with an open mind, and try to forget who the author is as I read.

Debbie said...

I was out of town last week.... so I'm late!
Still answering tho.
I like the UK cover. I happen to love the retro feel. The UK cover feels more that way for me.