Saturday, March 21, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #48

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another...

US/Canadian cover
UK cover
Michael Christie's new book If I Fall, I Die is another book on my teetering TBR pile that I'm looking forward to. The US/Canadian cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Both covers illustrate the premise of the book...."Will has never been outside, at least not since he can remember." The US cover seems a little more ominous, but I like the UK birdcage image. Hmm.....US this week, but by a slim margin! 
Is If I Fall, I Die a book you've read or plan to read? 
Which cover do you prefer? 
 You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature on 
A Bookworm's World

3 comments:

Kay said...

Honestly, I'm not very enamored of either one. But, if I had to choose, the US cover by smidge.

bermudaonion said...

I don't love either cover either but I do plan to read the book since my sister loved it.

Anonymous said...

The Cdn/US cover reminds me of other novels released in the past couple of years. This seems to be the new style of cover preferred by publishers.
As with the other readers, I'm not overly enamoured with either one, but the Cdn/US cover has the slight edge.
Cheers!
Icewineanne