Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Over The Counter #99

What book caught my eye this week as it passed over my library counter and under my scanner? Austentatious Crochet by Melissa Horozewski. Crafty Jane Austen fans out there could have a lot of fun at book club with this one!

From the publisher Running Press Books:

"The timeless appeal of Jane Austen is evidenced not only by perpetual interest in her classic novels but also by countless book clubs, movies, plays, books, and sundry products which celebrate her work. Austentatious Crochet presents Austen fans with a unique opportunity to step into the scarf, skirt, or chemise of Elizabeth Bennett, Emma Woodhouse, and a host of other favorite Austen characters.The book features thirty-two original crochet projects inspired by Austen novels but fabulously brought up to date and wearable today. The designs focus on women’s wear, such as dresses, sweaters, cardigans, and capelets, but also encompass accessories such as handbags, scarfs, and pillowcases and clothing for children.Introductions to each project include favorite bits of dialogue from the original novels. Fully illustrated with evocative photos, Regency-style illustrations, and step-by-step schematics, Austentatious Crochet is certain to please the devoted Austen lover as well as craft enthusiasts."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I bet that book will be very popular!

carol said...

Is it wrong to get my mother a book in the hopes that she'll make me gifts from it? I would love this, but can't crochet.

Luanne said...

Kathy - There are quite a few holds on it at the library!

Carol - you could casually show it to her, then praise her crafting skills, then....