Thursday, November 11, 2010

Over The Counter #29

The latest book to catch my eye as it passed over my library counter and under the scanner this week was Candy Construction by Sharon Bowers.

From Storey Publishing:

"How to Build Edible Race Cars, Castles, and Other Cool Stuff out of Store-Bought Candy.

Build a candy fantasy! Sharon Bowers shows you how to use ordinary store-bought candy and cookies as the raw material for a brand-new kind of crafting. Top a sheet cake with a crushed-cookie racetrack, tiny candy cars, and a candy pit crew—and watch the delight on your birthday boy’s face. Set out fudge-striped cookies and peanut butter cups to keep small family members busy making pilgrim hats on Thanksgiving Day. Spend a rainy afternoon with your kids, making a pirate ship complete with little pirates made of licorice and candy corn. You’ll find simple, step-by-step instructions for making dozens of things children love, including spaceships, butterflies, a fairy-tale castle, a dump truck, planes, Egyptian pyramids, aliens, a steam train, Christmas trees, Easter eggs, and much more — all crafted with candy. The sweet possibilities are endless!'

Peek inside.

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

2 comments:

Bcteagirl said...

So cute! :) With a bag or two of Candy I bet that would make a great Christmas gift :)

Unknown said...

WHat an interesting book! I think I'm going to look this one up ay my library soon because it's getting to be the time of year for ginger bread houses. I always love the ones that use all different kinds of candy to make the various trims on the house and the yard accessories, such as trees and flowers etc. I hope this book gives me some good ideas as well as some other ideas of things to build!

I can't imagine how many interesting books pass through your hands everyday...fun & frustrating!

Thanks!
~ Amy