Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Over the Counter # 13


Catching my eye this week as it passed over my library counter and under my scanner was Lonely Planet's Best Ever Travel Tips, compiled by Tom Hall. Given that I will once again be tackling air travel (eek!) , I found the air transport chapter really helpful. (And it was a really cute little book, made to look like a luggage tag, complete with a hole at the top!)

From the publisher Lonely Planet:

"Featuring contributions from a range of travel writers, industry experts And staff, lonely planet's best ever travel tips gives you the secrets of the Trade that will help you get the most from your trips.

■Find the best value deals
■Score that elusive upgrade
■Make your trip as eco-friendly as possible
■Stay safe on the road"

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Clever marketing to make it look like a luggage tag. That would probably entice me to pick it up. Happy reading.

jenny wilson said...

I like the look of this book!